Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mixed News

Well, some mixed news. I am not sure I am going to hit the planned release for my next CS release, fortunately, I put the whole "tentative dates" and "subject to change" bit on the "upcoming" page of the website. The beginning of school has been very hectic and the soccer tournament both of the older boys played in this past weekend really killed my writing schedule. More importantly for the next release (Alchemists and Healers), it has killed my ability to get some of the maps done and a few other things ready. Tomorrow my dear wife is home from work (she was on-call this past Saturday) so I might get enough work done to get everything through layout on Thursday. Then again, it might be a nice day and I might just go have fun with her and DS#3.

On the "good news" side, Paizo mentioned GU on the main blog page of the Paizo Store tonight in regards to a 20% off sale. Basically, I am on the RPGNow/OBS list of publishers participating in promotions and they have a promotion going this week (20% off) and I wanted to match that at Paizo so I emailed them. Well, it appears Paizo must like me at least a little bit. I am hoping that the mention will drive a few sales on their store.

Honestly, I have to work a lot more on promoting products but I guess I tend to spend the "spare" time I have writing or working on something else. We'll see if I can turn the advertising/promotion bit around a little this fall.

No comments: