Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Release Schedule(s)

Okay, I need to stop even trying to publish a release schedule. Normally, I would say that I should still be able to nail my planned release for this weekend but, due in part to some changes I made, this is unlikely to happen.

SOMETHING will be released next week before "Talk Like a Pirate" day, exactly which release might still be a question for a few days.

I will be releasing a separate "Sparks Introduction" for all of my generic lines as a free release. To do so, I want to have a different, hopefully nicer, layout and some better artwork. I simply haven't had the time to nail this down the way I want to and it has taken time from completing actual products. This will only pertain to electronic releases, if I do anything for print or POD (Print-On-Demand) it will include the introduction. This means I want a print-ready layout and that has been more of a task than I want to think about.

Add in a few kids' activities, my wife's call schedule, and a quick trip to Houston this weekend and I just don't think I can have the separate, new, Sparks Intro ready and have the next release ready for the weekend. If I can get a few things nailed down tomorrow I might still have a chance, but I am definitely not counting on it.

If I have to remain with the intro I have in order to get product(s) out next week I will. I really would like to find a way to finish the changes that I outlined for myself. I think it will be a "slicker" look that will do better for both print and electronic media. We'll have to see how it goes.

No comments: