Monday, October 22, 2007

Time Roars By

Well, I did get the announcements out last Thursday and posted Open Call information on the website. I'll post Open Call info at RPG.net and ENWorld in a few days.

Bret Boyd and Vicki Potter have both helped by letting people know about the Open Call. Thanks to both of them! Bret's company, Tricky Owlbear Publishing now has a product out called "Lotsa Blocks" which, strangely, is a perfect counterpart to some of the generic products I have planned.

The weekend was both hectic and sad. Went to the Memorial visit for a friend that died after a long battle with cancer. Her 15-year old son lost his father to cancer 3 years ago and now he's lost his mother. It has taken quite a toll on him. I spent some time talking with him and with the uncle he is living with now. It is a tight family and they are doing their best to help him, and he is definitely playing like he is "strong" and dealing with it okay but I have known him for a number of years and I can tell that he is hurting pretty badly.

Strangely, they canceled soccer practice(s) this evening. I don't know if we'll know what to do with ourselves. It isn't really raining but I am guessing the fields are still wet and they want to protect them. The boys were REALLY looking forward to a practice where they'd end up covered with mud.

I suppose we might go out for dinner (don't get the chance that often, and let's be honest, neither my wife nor I want to cook this evening). Tonight I want to finish some more website updates and I am probably going to set up some forums using a free forum service. I don't expect a lot of traffic there yet but I want to get some things set up and ready when I do start getting some products going. I also need to respond to some of the emails that came in over the weekend. Let's see how much gets done...

No comments: