Friday, July 22, 2011

And the turtle keeps moving ...

Things are not, and have not, moved as quickly as I would have liked. I had significant problems moving "up" to a newer version of Adobe InDesign (the program I use for layout) and finally decided to move backwards to Adobe InDesign CS3. Basically, the older program is far easier for me to use. I am running into compatibility issues with files from newer versions of Photoshop and Illustrator and this has slowed me down significantly.

I WILL have the Sparks Primer done before next week's sale, and I will have the various files updated on the OBS (One Book Shelf) sites on time. I will not have some of the other releases ready when I hoped but maybe getting this going will kick me in the ass hard enough to get those moving too. Updating the files on Paizo will take longer and will most likely not be done before August as they have an approval process. This is a busy time for Paizo so I am not expecting things to move swiftly there. This is not due to any problems with Paizo, it is just that OBS has an easier to use interface for updates. My latest check is from Paizo so I want to do everything I can to support my customers there.

More reports as the weekend goes on.

No comments: