Saturday, September 15, 2007

Moving Right Along ...

Okay, I finally have the initial pages for Generic Universe Publishing up and live. You can find them at genericuniverse.com. I am pleased with the results so far. I was going for a plain, "generic" design that was easy to work with. I was also going for black and white (um, mostly) to go with the generic theme.
The funny thing is, a friend volunteered to create the page for me when I was first discussing the idea. I almost took him up on it, but in the end, I decided that I would learn a lot more creating the pages myself. Strangely, I found this more difficult than some of the pages I have created in the past. I guess when you don't use the software for a long time, the "bells and whistles" can get confusing and even get in the way. I am using Adobe GoLive for the webpages right now.
I am excited about the new company and I have tons of ideas that I need to sort through right now. Starting this up has energized me for some of the other freelance work I have been doing. Why is that sometimes adding to your workload allows you to accomplish more? I suppose it is looking at the list of things to do and realizing that you have to be REALLY organized if you want to push through to the end.
Well, the day has been full, 3 soccer games, finishing up the webpages, and working on a few other things makes it margarita time.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of electronic publishing! Glad to have you here.