Sunday, October 12, 2008

Clouds??

Soccer and Stuff
Well, we have actually had some cloudy weather yesterday and today. It is actually nice to have some clouds when sitting outside at soccer games. DS#2 had two games this weekend, one Friday night and another Saturday morning. He played on his hurt foot and did okay, though he did have an "own goal" Friday night that allowed the other team to tie. His Saturday game was a blow out, to the point the coach finally told them not to score until they had made X number of passes. DS#1 had a very good game Saturday too, they played one of the top teams in the division, although they lost as a team they played very well and only lost by one goal. DS#1 had some beautiful crosses to the middle that never got put into the back of the net, he was a bit frustrated.

This is a long weekend as everyone has Monday off. I am taking DS#1 and some of his friends to laser quest this afternoon for his birthday and tomorrow we have a family picture. That is all we have on the "official" schedule. I need to get some closet organizers/hardware for DS#1's bedroom now that the floors are done. I also need to replace the closet doors. I am thinking about getting a "handyman" to do that for me as I don't have the proper tools to make some of the cuts. Buying the tools would make the cost about the same as getting someone to do it (it isn't a difficult job with the right tools). I might be able to borrow what I need because I do have a neighbor with a very nice workshop in his garage. Anyway, those are tasks I need to get done sometime soon.

GU News
I think I have decided what I want to do with some page border/header/footer type stuff so that shouldn't be too long to set up. It does mean I'll have to change the layout of the the minibooks already through layout but that is okay. I have a couple of maps to finish up and I need to re-scan a map that came out funny for some reason. Then I need to take care of some additional artwork. I thought I had some suitable pieces but the artist apparently needs money to repair something in his apartment and decided he wanted more money. I was pretty disappointed as this was artwork he created without a commission, I saw it online and emailed him asking if I could get non-exclusive permission to use it for a small amount of $. The first answer was "yes" but then I guess he decided he wanted more $. This means I have to find some more public domain art and/or make some more drawings myself. I'll be working on some drawings tonight.

No comments: