Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Floors and Birthdays

Well, today is DS#1's actual birthday. We sort-of celebrated yesterday by going out to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. Basically, We expected DD to have dance today followed by soccer practice for DS#2. Well, DD's dance instructor was sick and DS#2 has hurt his foot so we were all home this evening. After last night's feast we had some pizza, and cake, and DS#1 was able to play some of the games he received as gifts. DS#1 is now 13 meaning that I officially have a teen-age child. Rumor has it that I should be more frightened.

They finished laying the floors on Monday but had to do the clean up and major furniture moving yesterday. I didn't really get to setting up the office until this afternoon. DS#3 has been available to, um, "help" me so I didn't get much cleaning done. The fact that he flat-out refused to nap today didn't help. Well, I am exhausted, dusting the walls, floors, and everything else has been, well, time consuming. Add the help of a toddler and it was an exciting day. I spent the entire morning getting him exhausted so he would nap and let me get work done, silly Papa! Naps are for Papas! Maybe *I* will take a nap tomorrow.

Product plans- having time off from the internet, and, even the laptop, has been good (or bad) in the idea department. I suppose the last thing I need now is more ideas for products. We'll see how some of the new ideas pan out, that is what notebooks are for. Anyway, I should have more maps done tomorrow and I believe I have solved some layout issues. Unfortunately, I still have work to do in the office as well as some doctor's appointments tomorrow. I think I am on track for starting releases at the end of the month. Really, it should be sooner than that, but I am thinking that Halloween might be a good launch time.

No comments: