Sunday, October 19, 2008

Keep on working ...

Okay, I haven't been working on anything lately. Yesterday was busy due to soccer games and today we went out to Medina, TX to visit a very nice pumpkin patch/apple orchard. We enjoyed it, but the trip included a lot of driving for me so I have been lazy since then.
I would like to claim that I'll sit down right now to finish work on a couple of the maps that are sitting on my desk, but that isn't about to happen.
I want to hear more about the GSL changes and Scott Rouse has posted that he'll answer publisher questions, but who knows how quickly or even if he'll actually answer mine. The updated GSL and SRD are clearly not coming soon.
In related news, I hear through the grapevine that distributors and retailers are worried about an even bigger slow down in RPG (and board game) purchases and are scaling back their orders. This could have an "interesting" effect on the mid-tier RPG (print) publishers. Lower tier .pdf publishers might see a slowdown but generally have lower production costs and WotC is not going to feel the sting as much as other companies. Print products cost a lot more to produce, advertise and distribute, if those products don't get into the distribution chain things will get bad for certain companies.
Well, off to a bit more time wasting.

No comments: