Sunday, July 19, 2009

Curious

Well, I was just looking at sales numbers for the weekend so far and came across something I noticed with past releases. A new release DEFINITELY drives some sales of older releases ("backstock" doesn't seem like the correct term for .pdfs).

Not counting unpaid sales that went to reviewers, The Mug and Bottle has sold 6 copies since it's release. In the same period of time I have sold 11 copies of previous releases. The majority of those went to one buyer that basically bought the City Streets line (they bought some earlier in the week and finished off buying everything this weekend).

This suggests my original plan of trying to have a CS release every 2 weeks is still a very good idea. It has been difficult to hit that during the summer though. This coming week I should have another release ready before the "Christmas in July" promotion as well as a special compilation. I am a little worried that the new release will get lost in the flood so I am considering what to do. It might be better sales-wise to have the compilation ready for this week's promotion and then use the new release next week in an effort to drive some further sales.

I'll be thinking about these things as the week progresses and let you know my decision.

No comments: