Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!

Okay, no April Fools jokes here today. Normally, I would, but, well, it has been a busy day and I spent most of my creative energy on a few other things.

First, yes, we are back from vacation. We had a pretty good time, but only pretty good. My wife and I were sick throughout most of vacation. I got 2 days of skiing in, my wife got one. One of my days of skiing was really only 4 runs, but at least I could say I went skiing with my brother before he had to head back to Alaska. My parents enjoyed seeing the kids, particularly the baby, and the kids had a blast skiing and playing in the snow. The older 3 had 3 days of skiing in.

We actually got back late Saturday night (meaning, technically, Sunday morning) and DS#1 had a soccer game at 12:30 Sunday afternoon. They finally got a game into the win column. Basically, this means that a couple of bad calls didn't "steal" the game from them. Apparently during the game we missed on Saturday his coach was VERY upset with the officials. Almost glad we missed it, but his team really needed him. Sad thing is, Sunday's game wasn't really their best game and they beat one of the two best teams in the division.

GU: Well, things are going forward. I hope to put more information on the website and here on the Blog soon. I have been wanting to get some releases out in April in order to submit some things to the Ennies but I received an interesting suggestion. It has been suggested that I wait until May around the time the first preliminary adventure/intro 4e material goes out but to try to have a lot of things ready to go so that I can release locations that might be related to whatever locations happen to be in the village mentioned in that adventure. I honestly don't know if this is the way to go or not. I might not have much choice in the matter though as I am behind the schedule I set for myself (again). I was doing fairly well before I got sick and even hoped to catch up a bit at my folks on vacation but I didn't even check email until late Thursday night.
On the bright side, I might have convinced a major fiction author to write a City Streets location for me. We'll see how that goes, and if it does happen, I am sure it'll be a good year before it goes out, but you never know.
Well, that is the news for now.

No comments: