Monday, April 28, 2008

GenCon Sorrows

Well, I have decided that I am not going to GenCon this year. The shame of it is that I already ordered a badge and reserved a hotel room. There goes about $115. Basically, we are definitely moving the kids to a new school next fall (although we don't know where yet) and they'll probably start the Monday after GenCon (possibly during GenCon). Basically, I need to be here to help insure that everything is ready for them starting at the new school. Not to mention the fact that we have a "vacation" Memorial Day weekend to New Jersey with the entire family for a wedding. Yes, this will be very expensive. We will vacation in Wisconsin at with my parents at the end of July as well so the expense does become an issue.

As for releases, well, I am delayed a bit by the cartography thing, and a few other distractions. I believe I'll hit the end of May as several industry folks have suggested though. I have emailed Dundjinni for some clarifications but it looks like I can use their software to make some of the maps I need. I feel pretty good about some of the other elements and how things are coming together.

I hope to have a website update sometime tomorrow. The site has been neglected while I have worked on some other issues. My plan to have some sort of update every week hasn't worked out the way I had hoped.
I might have a message board up this week too. We'll see.

No comments: