Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back again

Yes, I haven't been posting. Yes, my goal was at least 2-3 times a week or more.

Now, I wasn't planning to post while on vacation, but, well, vacation ended a week and a half ago (almost) and I haven't posted in that time.
I believe I might be ready to start the "ball rolling" in terms of releasing something by GenCon. Here is the problem, I am not 100% positive and so haven't been able to sign up for the advertising program that DTRPG is planning. I don't know if I can get involved in that last minute or not. I should know if I can start releasing things by this weekend. I have a few map issues I need to solve. Dundjinni has not been as easy to use as I would like, and the output hasn't been completely up to what I had hoped. Part of that might be my abilities with the program. I also happen to like simple black and white maps, but those that I have created are, well, rather simple and boring.
Basically, I need to "bite the bullet" and make some decisions quickly here. I think I want to stick with that decision through the product line, but we'll see.

While this is going on I have been looking at some other potential products for a "JumpStart" line of products. Most of these are books of tables, lists of encounters, ruins, things like that.
I am also looking at a "4gotten" line of 4e GSL products (or not GSL... uh, that depends ...). Basically, I don't have any major backstock and my products aren't really planned to be OGL so if I am doing .pdfs and POD I can likely sign onto the GSL without any major fears. This is particularly true if I make it clear that there is a particular product line for GSL products. There are some benefits to the GSL, just not enough for any established publisher (in my opinion) to really want to sign on.
What does all of this mean? Well, I guess you could say "feast or famine." I am either going to have a lot of things coming out this fall, or I am going to have not much. I would really like to be in the "a lot" realm.

Oh, yeah, I am still desperately needing to update the website. It has been so long that I was trying to move to a different program and layout for the website but I am not happy with it right now. I'll have to tweak it some more and/or just update what I have and worry about a full re-design later.
That's the news for now, piano lessons for DD in a little bit, then we pick up one of DS#2's good friends, eat lunch, go to the pool, get DS#3 a nap, take the friend home, get DS#1 out to soccer practice (last night it was 102 at the beginning of practice-should be cloudy and possibly even rain tonight).
I guess I do keep out of trouble.

No comments: