Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Teething + Olympics = Urgh!

Okay, I admit that the Olympics is clearly distracting me. Now, combine those late nights with massive teething problems in DS #3 and, well, you get a VERY sleep-deprived Patrick wandering around.
Cartography: well, I decided to go with the Dundjinni maps, I believe I have them at a point where they look decent after layout. I am ALSO drawing some up too. Now, when you draw them, you still have the scanning, clean-up, etc. Basically, I have been so tired and busy that I want, no, NEED to be able to print .pdfs AND see them on both the PC and Mac, while I am awake and at my prime before I feel like I am ready to go. Will any of these products be "works of art?" Well, no, but I do want to put out something that is actually easily USED in a game. For some strange reason, I worry less about the "art" or "reading" part of anything I make and more about the actual USE in a game. One of the nicest emails I actually received about something I wrote told me that they thought the adventure "was hard reading, but when I ran it the real beauty came out." It is great to have fans or collectors that buy products, but I personally enjoy the stories of the people that have actually USED products in a game even more.

Well, back to the olympics.

Oh, I will comment on the upcoming GSL changes, when, they, um, actually change.

No comments: