Saturday, August 9, 2008

No Joy

Okay, so far, "no joy" on getting things out for next week/weekend. Very close now, close enough that I can taste it, so I am guessing that excitement might lead to a few late nights next week in an effort to "close the deal." Let's see how much the Olympics distract me. Yes, I love Olympic sports, I am one of those rare Americans that truly admires, enjoys, and respects track and field events, swimming, and even those oddities like team handball.
I am a few pieces of art and several maps away from having 5 (maybe more actually) products ready to go. Then I think it is clearly time to put out the free promo along with a paid product at the same time. I will have to give real thought as to how to schedule the releases after that.

As for other sports, DS#1 has a soccer tournament this weekend (here in SA). They lost their first game (to a team a year older) but they played a good game and it really could have gone either way. The second game, against a team actually in our age group, well, DS#1's team won the game 7-0, and that score doesn't really describe how 1-sided it was. They played very well and dominated the game. Interesting, to me, was the fact that DS#1 started both games. He has worked very hard this summer because he knows that he has to work to get play time. He got plenty of playtime. He rested 5 minutes the first game, and during the second game he only missed minutes due to a bloody nose. After that stopped, he went back in and had a goal that was called back because the line judge said the ball crossed the touch line before it was passed to him.
Anyway, we have one more game tomorrow, if we win we should be in the finals (this could depend on goal difference and a few other things). My wife is on-call tomorrow so, well, it'll be another exhausting day.

No comments: