Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update-2/11/09

Okay, sick kids, sick me, and the plumbing leak and repairs combined to pretty much decimate the plans I had for the GreatCreators line this month. JT is in one of those times where he is out of communication for a bit so that hurts too.

The Green Dragon is still scheduled for release at midnight tonight. This is the newest City Streets release and has actually been ready for a few weeks. I'll post more about it tomorrow. You can see the pre-release blurb at the bottom of this page.

I will upload and schedule the release of two Jules Verne books for sometime next week. Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea are both ready. Honestly, 20,000 Leagues was ready a few weeks ago and I was very upset with myself when I realized that I hadn't actually uploaded it for sale. We are getting almost 0 sales of the GreatCreators books right now so I am not certain how much more I am willing to put into the line right now. I thought having bookmarked and linked text would be a major convenience for some, but so far the sales just aren't there. We'll still try a few more outlets over the next few months and see how that goes.

I wanted to have a "planetary romance" month where we released some of the classic sword and planet books as well as a few of the books that sort-of started out the trend. The Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars series is the most well-known but there were some others before that. This plan has largely been held up by, well, me. When I was dealing with the sick children and then foolishly got sick myself, I didn't get those projects completed and now my time is focused on new City Streets books and some other new products on the RPG side. I have the text(s) from JT and simply need to put them through layout. We have templates for this series so the layout doesn't really take all that long (though it still takes some time). I just haven't gotten them done.

On the bright side, I have been feeling much better today and I have high hopes that I'll get more work done tonight.

No comments: