Thursday, March 5, 2009

Vacation again

Well, I leave for Spring Break with the family on March 7 and return March 14. I will have the laptop with me and will be working on several different projects but I probably won't be on the internet.

I decided that preparations for the trip would get insanely stressful if I force myself to finish up a few of the books before leaving. In addition, a "scheduled release" without advertising doesn't do very well. A few message board posts do seem to help sales. I should be able to finish several books up during my vacation and have some releases out on March 19.

In other news, I will be signing onto the 4e GSL and begin preparation on the "4gotten" product line. This line will include "4gotten options" and "4gotten trails." The options books will present rules options for game use, including things like items and spells, and the trails portion of the line will consist of adventures and possibly generic setting information. Now, everything here is in the planning stage and I know that there is no way I can write all of these myself. This means that I am going to want to find a rules person and some writers. The question becomes, what can I pay them? Some of the options books might not technically be under the GSL, we'll have to wait and see. The preliminary logo work didn't convert well but here is a small sample. This logo isn't set in stone yet, I actually have various versions right now, but I think this is the one I like the best. If you have an opinion, let me know.

Edit: with the black background the drop shadow effects simply don't show up at all do they? When I get the initial options cover done I will post a copy of that instead.

No comments: