Thursday, April 9, 2009

Distracted myself again

Well, this is a busy week. DS#3 turned 2 today and we will have a house full of company for the Easter weekend. This means it doesn't take much of a distraction to keep me from getting the work done that I REALLY should be doing. Well, I suddenly had an idea for a "freebie" (which could become a "cheapie") related to, well, taxes. I just LOVE the fact that my wife and I are self-employed and have the honor of paying our taxes quarterly (as well as both halves of social security and medicare--yippee!).

In any case, my brief moments of writing time got stolen by work on a probable freebie.

I do still have a release (okay, it looks like "releases" now) planned for next week. It isn't quite ready yet, but it should be done on time. I have a new iMac desktop slated to arrive next week but I will be sure to keep the files over here so that when I set it up I won't need to cease all work. My present desktop still runs the full Adobe CS3 suite, but, well, at over 6 years old it isn't exactly "fast." Right now the laptop that I am typing on compiles .pdfs about twice as quickly. The new machine should be a big help with a number of projects I have planned.

That is the news for now. I will try to have more this weekend.

No comments: