Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Sale!

Okay, the sale prices were removed this morning. The sale/promotion did "okay" really, but without Vicki Potter's help including GU in their Mother's Day promotion I don't think it would have done a thing.

This is likely because several of the old-school sites I submitted news to never did anything with it (I think one mod was out of town, go figure, Mother's Day weekend...). It is also because I was really only able to deal with emails, posting, etc. on Thursday and didn't get much done during the weekend. Alas, this happens a lot and weekends tend to have the majority of sales. If I had been on more I probably could have gotten more mentions. I just hate to try to advertise on certain boards without permission or the mod's posting it as news. I have seen other publishers do it and get some pretty ugly backlash.

Interestingly, I sold more copies of the GreatCreators line which, while discounted, were not even included in the promotion. I am still not sure where to go with that product line. JT actually has a few more books ready to go into layout.

My next promotion is going to be Memorial Day weekend. I won't be discounting products but I will be donating all sales proceeds for the weekend (x2 up to $100 out of my pocket) to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. I will post more about this charity and what it does over the next two weeks.

I should have another CS location out this Thursday/Friday. It will be a little dependent on how the week goes. As we get closer to the end of school the activities start piling up rather ferociously. I'll post more news on progress this Wednesday (or sooner).

No comments: