Monday, March 3, 2008

Another day

Well, I have been trying to post more often. Didn't post last night. DS#2 had another soccer game yesterday, they played well and won quite easily, against a team that is actually very good. His team has really seemed to gel and come together, it is really fun to see a group of boys do that at this age. I talked with DS#1's coach a bit this evening and he was very disappointed that he had only 10 kids on the field for the game Saturday. It doesn't sound like much, but playing soccer at a competitive level down 1 man is REALLY tough.

In other news, talked with several people lately about the latest 4th edition DnD news and predictions as to what types of products companies will actually make. The message board rumors talk about adventures and a few other things, but the standard that WotC seems to want to set, and the standard that seems to fit the previews at the convention, includes large battle maps that 3rd party companies will have a hard time matching. We'll see what happens. Without the rules and the "GSL" it is hard to say what is allowed or not, and hard to say what types of adventures can be done. I am curious to see what comes out, but I am also sticking with the generic theme for GU. I think having a series of city-based locations is a good plan. Long-term I want to tie them together and possibly even have a map made based on the main city in my "home-brew" campaign.

I have a cover mock-up in my mailbox right now for the City Streets products and it looks really good. Dave Gilham is working on another idea but this one is very good. I am thinking I should see his next idea and then, depending on what it is, maybe we try to use one for the Fantasy products and the other for Modern/Future. I don't know, we'll see what happens. In any case, Dave does fantastic work and I am thrilled he has chosen to work with me on the logos and the layout.

Well, time to get a bit of sleep.

No comments: