Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wow!

This has been a busy weekend. We had 3 soccer games and a wedding yesterday and 2 soccer games today. My in-laws came to town for the weekend to helps us out, otherwise my wife would have gone to the wedding alone.
My goal of 2,000+ (good) words a day tends to get killed on the weekends, but that is to be expected. Last week was pretty good in terms of writing and getting things done.
Soccer Time:
DS#1's soccer team had 9 kids for their game yesterday, they got crushed. Today they had 12, including 2 new players (one who played with them last year) that had to try to fit into the team for their first game. They played to a 2-2 tie but, honestly, would have won without 2 bad calls, but that is life. It was very, VERY nice to see his team dominating a game. They have a number of good players on his team and, ideally, will do well this year if they can field a full team.
DS#2 lost his game yesterday, and made up for it today by CRUSHING the other team 11-0. I missed that game, my wife took him to it while I took DS#1 to his game. At his level they do have a "mercy" rule, if a team scores 8 goals the game is supposed to be over, apparently the ref didn't know this and kept the game going. DS#2's team got to play in a wide variety of different positions. The game they lost yesterday was actually a very close, well-played game on both sides. His team is doing very well and we are very happy about it.
DD had a game yesterday too. Her team played MUCH better yesterday and has shown an amazing improvement in the past few weeks. The other coaches and I were thrilled. At her level they play 3v3 on two fields right next to each other. That way you have 6 kids playing at a time for each team and the kids get to "touch" the ball more and run more. Even though the fields are small they run like crazy. Not sure what the total score was but it looked like we won that one too.

Other Stuff:
I have received a couple of emails asking what happened about the kid's game I have talked about before. Well, I did have a meeting, it went well, and that is about all I should probably say about it.

Random information; I have some small side-trek style adventures that I wrote up, or mostly wrote up, a while back. These are 3.5/d20/OGL adventures and I am trying to decide what to do with them. One was going to be a side-trek submission for Dungeon but when they announced that was going back to WotC I didn't send it in. I have a choice, I can try to release some side-trek adventures on my own or I can talk to a couple of the publishers that are doing 3.5 .pdf adventures and see what they are looking for. Not sure what to do about that.

Well, the battery on the laptop is in need of charging and it is about time to get everyone ready to go out to eat. I have a few more bits of information but I'll have to post about those later.

No comments: