Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I See Sick People

Okay, Tuesdays and Thursdays are my "days off" --in other words, the days I can focus fully on doing things for G.U.P. Well, the baby was sick over the weekend and that has spread to most of the rest of the family (not me, yet, but probably won't be long). So ... the baby is better and went to daycare but the older 3 kids are ALL home from school sick. My wife was on-call on Sunday so she has today off. She isn't feeling well either. So much for a day of getting work done and having a nice lunch date with my lovely wife.

Well, the day shouldn't be a total loss. I hope to get some work done in a bit. The problem is, I still need to get some Christmas decorations taken down, with people sick over the weekend I didn't get it done. Not thrilled with the idea really, probably wait until this afternoon and see if the kids are feeling well enough to help. My oldest was able to finish a piece of toast before dragging himself back to bed. He is the one that is truly very helpful, we'll see if he is recovered later.

Speaking of my oldest, he did a drawing for me a few weeks ago that I need to scan and put on the Art page on the G.U.P. website.
The cartographer in England that I have been hoping to work with got in touch with me earlier this week, as I figured the holidays hit him pretty hard with distractions. I was planning to wait until today to get back in touch with him but he contacted me first, a very good sign in my book. I did email him with some concerns though. A friend of mine told me that when he lived in England the bank would charge him the equivalent of $20 to deposit or cash a check drawn on a US bank (in dollars)--that is in addition to the currency exchange fees. I need to find a way to pay without someone getting hit with fees that essentially negate anything I am paying. I believe I can do this via PayPal, and I have the Paypal website up in another window to go check it all out.
Goals for today, review a submission that came in right before the holidays, finish up a couple of sketches, get some writing done (2,000 word goal for today). I will try to post later with how successful I am.

No comments: