Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wow!

Well, interesting things have been happening lately, along with, well, not-so-interesting things...

Short post as it is very late and I have dealt with a sick infant all evening long. Getting thrown-up on gets old very fast.

Anyway, I discussed my idea for a children's game with several game companies and some distributors last summer and in early fall. The main reason for setting up G.U.P. was to gain experience in order to eventually work on releasing the game. Distributors told me that it would be a difficult sell as it didn't easily fit into a classification. Well, one of the companies I talked to contacted me via email and is interested in "purchasing the outline and ideas." Interestingly, when I read between the lines, the wording seems to indicate that they might already be working on something similar and they have decided to buy me out too just because I talked to them about it before. Not really sure, but I will talk to them about it. I can call the person I spoke to before next week, or wait and meet with him in person when he is in San Antonio later this month or in early Feb. I don't see a reason not to sell the game idea, particularly if they are working on something similar, there is no way I can compete with a company that is already established making and selling educational games. After all, I proposed the idea to them first because I thought they could do it best.

This could create a bit of a dilemma for me. I am frustrated with the way some things have gone lately, and now the original reason for starting the company could well disappear. On the other hand, I HATE the idea of stopping the company due to this. I would much rather press forward. As it is, I already have several products very close to completion, I simply can't imagine stopping. Well, fading fast and the baby is actually asleep. I'll try to spout off more about it tomorrow, but knowing me that means Tuesday (my "work" day).

No comments: