Monday, January 21, 2008

Recovery Time

Well, it has been a "long" weekend. The kids had a half day Friday and have today off from school. This means that today is gloomy, cold, and wet. Yes, the kids have been inside all day long. Saturday I went with my 8 year-old to a boy scout/cub scout event. We did NOT sleep overnight. We came home at about 9:00PM, after dinner and hanging out by the fire for a whileI am not ready to camp again, it has been a long time and we don't have any tents, etc. It got down to the teens (That is COLD for San Antonio, maybe not in Wisconsin where I grew up, but here it is cold) where they camped Saturday night. Yeah, I am very happy we did not stay. My son had a blast though, and really wants to go camping. I guess we'll have to work that out in the future.
I have a list of emails to respond to, some held over from Thursday when the cable was out for several hours in the afternoon when I actually had time to email people. I guess that is the way it goes.
Lately I have far more ideas than time. I expect this week to be much better. No award ceremonies at the school, no Memorials to attend (please, no more, not for a long time!), and no Call for my wife to throw schedules out of whack. In other words, I dread whatever is going to go wrong;).
I have a few minutes to get a little done before heading to the grocers to pick up something for dinner. We were going to go out, but, did I mention the weather is miserable?
Tomorrow I want to update the website a bit and take care of the forums.
Pretty much that means axing the forums. I registered for a free service that I was told was pretty good, but my luck at working with it, or even posting there, hasn't been good.
I would like to work on some layouts and some writing.
I also need to review a query and provide some feedback.
Then, I need to send some contracts off to 2 writers along with further feedback and formatting requests.
Okay, maybe starting to list things can get depressing.
We'll see how tomorrow goes. Off to draw for a bit.

No comments: