Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Clicking Along

Okay, got some artwork scanned today, mostly public domain pieces from some very old architecture books, and I got quite a bit of writing done as well. All in all, a productive day and I feel good about it. Lots of things are falling into place now and I am very pleased about it. I need to update the website soon. I have two sets of logos to choose from for the final Generic Universe logo for the website and the products and when I make the decision I will need to make some changes to the website. Dave Gilham did these logos and his work is fantastic. If you need a graphic artist, please go by his website (www.davegraphix.com) and look at his material. He is also planning to do some additional design and layout work for me and based on what he has done already I am very excited.

Yesterday was President's Day. Get this, our kids are at a Catholic school and they had off today. The kids going to the local public schools did not, but they have Friday off for a Teacher "In-Service." One of my neighbors complained, "Yeah, the kids go to school on my day off, but then they don't have school on Friday so *I* have to take a day off." He was not pleased.
Anyway, President's Day is generally a major cleaning day of some sort for me. This year I took everything out of the Master Closet (okay, I admit it, I left my wife's things alone--mostly). This is the major storage closet in the entire house so it was a brutal undertaking. We had all sorts of old children's clothes stored there, much of it a complete mess. Well, I organized that, kept some of the nicer boy's clothes for DS#3 as he grows and set aside everything else for donations or trash. I was wiped out last night but I felt a wonderful sense of having accomplished something. Of course, there are still Christmas lights outside that I haven't taken down. Yes, I have unplugged them but every single time I actually plan to take them down the weather turns nasty. This means that yesterday was beautiful and the kids could play outside while I worked away. I am certain that if I decided to take down those lights it would have rained ... really, honest.

Tonight was the usual Tuesday, 3 soccer practices, the boys at one field and DD at another (with me helping coach her team). Obviously, my wife took the boys (all of them, lugging a baby to soccer practice is, well, not always fun), and I got to drive back and forth with DD. She was fragile tonight, fell down once and got a bit whiny so I had to stay away. The evening went well though. I guess we are all getting back into the swing of our complex schedules. On a frightening note, tomorrow night (Wednesday) we don't have anything scheduled. Not sure what we'll do with ourselves.

No comments: