Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscars?

Okay, the Oscars really aren't my thing. My in-laws are watching downstairs though. My Father-in-law is really into movies and the actors, etc. He sees every movie nominated for an Oscar with very, very few exceptions over the years. They are watching downstairs. My wife usually watches to see the dresses, etc., but even she has gotten so bored with the lengthy presentations over the years that she isn't watching either. Now she just waits for the highlights on the internet the next day.
Well, I am sitting here typing this with the local news on and planning to go to sleep in a little bit. DS#3 has had horrible congestion problems due to teething and probably allergies so he wakes up by about 3-4 AM most mornings. Pretty much wearing me down lately.
It was a beautiful day today, high 80's and blue skies. This means that by sometime this week we'll probably have high temperatures in the 50's or 60's and freeze warnings. Sounds like it will be nice tomorrow too though. I guess the kids will run around outside again, after school that is. Speaking of school, I am very unhappy with DS#2's teacher so I am setting up a conference with her sometime this week. I have also already set up an appointment with the school administrator. Long story short, she doesn't seem to be doing a good job, or a fair job, isn't communicating well, and, more importantly, DS#2's previous love for school and interest in learning are fading fast. I get steamed when thinking about this so I best move on.

Got a few outlines for some products done. Mostly because I was watching the kids play outside and was sketching out ideas in one of my notebooks. Not sure how quickly I want to expand product lines but a few of the ideas shouldn't be that difficult to write up so I'll give that more thought once I have some of the initial products lined up. The GU logo and Sparks logo are looking up so we are several ticks closer to getting some things finished up.

No comments: